You are watching: Introduction to networks (version 5.1) - itn chapter 7 exam
NOTE: If you have actually the brand-new question ~ above this test, please comment Question and Multiple-Choice perform in type below this article. Us will update answers because that you in the shortest time. Say thanks to you! us truly value your donation to the website.
Explain:An IPv4 deal with is comprised of 4 octets that binary digits, every containing 8 bits, resulting in a 32-bit address.
2. Which two components are components of one IPv4 address? (Choose two.)subnet portionnetwork portion*logical portionhost portion*physical portionbroadcast portion
Explain:An IPv4 address is separated into two parts: a network section – to identify the particular network on which a host resides, and a host portion – to identify particular hosts ~ above a network. A subnet mask is supplied to identify the size of each portion.
3. What go the IP attend to 172.17.4.250/24 represent?network addressmulticast addresshost address*broadcast address
Explain:The /24 shows that the network address is 172.17.4.0. The broadcast deal with for this network would be 172.17.4.255. Useable host addresses for this network space 172.17.4.1 v 172.17.4.254.
4. What is the objective of the subnet mask in conjunction with an IP address?to uniquely recognize a organize on a networkto determine whether the resolve is publicly or privateto determine the subnet to which the host belongs*to mask the IP attend to to outsiders
Explain:With the IPv4 address, a subnet mask is additionally necessary. A subnet mask is a special form of IPv4 address that coupled v the IP deal with determines the subnet of i m sorry the device is a member.
5. What subnet mask is stood for by the cut notation /20?255.255.255.248255.255.224.025126.96.36.199*255.255.255.025188.8.131.52
Explain:The slash notation /20 to represent a subnet mask through 20 1s. This would interpret to: 11111111.11111111.11110000.0000, which subsequently would transform into 255.255.240.0.
6. A blog post is sent out to all hosts ~ above a remote network. Which type of message is it?limited broadcastmulticastdirected broadcast*unicast
Explain:A directed transfer is a blog post sent to every hosts top top a specific network. It is advantageous for sending out a transfer to all hosts ~ above a nonlocal network. A multicast post is a blog post sent to a selected team of hosts the are part of a subscribing multicast group. A restricted broadcast is used for a communication that is restricted to the master on the neighborhood network. A unicast article is a message sent from one organize to another.
7. What space three features of multicast transmission? (Choose three.)The source address that a multicast infection is in the range of 184.108.40.206 come 220.127.116.11.A solitary packet deserve to be sent out to a team of hosts. *Multicast transmission can be supplied by routers come exchange routing information. *The selection of 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 is booked to with multicast groups on a local network.*Computers usage multicast transmission to request IPv4 addresses.Multicast message map lower layer addresses to top layer addresses.
Explain:Broadcast message consist of single packets the are sent to every hosts ~ above a network segment. These types of message are supplied to inquiry IPv4 addresses, and also map top layer addresses to reduced layer addresses. A multicast transmission is a solitary packet sent to a group of hosts and also is provided by routing protocols, such together OSPF and RIPv2, come exchange routes. The address range 126.96.36.199 come 188.8.131.52 is reserved for link-local addresses to reach multicast groups on a local network.
8. Which three IP addresses are personal ? (Choose three.)10.1.1.1*184.108.40.206220.127.116.1118.104.22.168 *192.168.5.5*22.214.171.124
Explain:The personal IP addresses are within these 3 ranges:10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
9. Which two IPv4 come IPv6 shift techniques manage the interconnection of IPv6 domains? (Choose two.)trunkingdual stack*encapsulationtunneling*multiplexing
Explain:There are three methods to enable IPv4 and IPv6 come co-exist ~ above a network. Twin stack allows IPv4 and also IPv6 come coexist ~ above the exact same network segment. Dual stack tools run both IPv4 and also IPv6 protocol stacks simultaneously. Tunneling is a an approach of transferring an IPv6 packet over an IPv4 network. The IPv6 packet is encapsulated within an IPv4 packet, similar to other types of data. Network attend to Translation 64 (NAT64) enables IPv6-enabled tools to connect with IPv4-enabled tools using a translation technique similar to NAT for IPv4
10. Which of these addresses is the shortest abbreviation because that the IP address:3FFE:1044:0000:0000:00AB:0000:0000:0057?3FFE:1044::AB::573FFE:1044::00AB::00573FFE:1044:0:0:AB::57*3FFE:1044:0:0:00AB::00573FFE:1044:0000:0000:00AB::573FFE:1044:0000:0000:00AB::0057
11. What form of resolve is immediately assigned come an interface when IPv6 is allowed on the interface?global unicastlink-local*loopbackunique local
Explain:When IPv6 is permitted on any kind of interface, that user interface will immediately generate one IPv6 link-local address.
12. What room two species of IPv6 unicast addresses? (Choose two.)multicastloopback*link-local*anycastbroadcast
Explain:Multicast, anycast, and also unicast are species of IPv6 addresses. Over there is no broadcast address in IPv6. Loopback and link-local are specific species of unicast addresses.
13. What room three components of an IPv6 worldwide unicast address? (Choose three.)an user interface ID that is offered to recognize the regional network for a certain hosta global routing prefix that is provided to determine the network part of the resolve that has been noted by an ISP *a subnet ID that is used to identify networks within of the local enterprise site*a worldwide routing prefix that is supplied to identify the section of the network address noted by a regional administratoran interface ID that is provided to recognize the local organize on the network*
Explain:There are three elements that consist of an IPv6 global unicast address. A global routing prefix i m sorry is listed by an ISP, a subnet ID i beg your pardon is determined by the organization, and also an interface ID which uniquely identifies the interface interface that a host.
14. An administrator wants to configure master to immediately assign IPv6 addresses to us by the use of Router advertising messages, but additionally to obtain the DNS server resolve from a DHCPv6 server. Which deal with assignment technique should be configured?SLAACstateless DHCPv6*stateful DHCPv6RA and EUI-64
Explain:Stateless DHCPv6 allows clients to usage ICMPv6 Router advertisement (RA) message to instantly assign IPv6 addresses come themselves, yet then allows these client to contact a DHCPv6 server to obtain added information such together the domain surname and attend to of DNS servers. SLAAC walk not allow the client to obtain added information with DHCPv6, and also stateful DHCPv6 requires that the customer receive the interface deal with directly native a DHCPv6 server. RA messages, when merged with one EUI-64 interface identifier, are supplied to instantly create an user interface IPv6 address, and are component of both SLAAC and also stateless DHCPv6.
15. I m sorry protocol supports Stateless address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) for dynamic assignment that IPv6 addresses come a host?ARPv6DHCPv6ICMPv6*UDP
Explain:SLAAC provides ICMPv6 messages as soon as dynamically assigning an IPv6 address to a host. DHCPv6 is an alternate technique of assigning an IPv6 addresses to a host. ARPv6 does not exist. Neighbor exploration Protocol (NDP) provides the use of ARP for IPv6 networks. UDP is the deliver layer protocol provided by DHCPv6.
16. Which two things have the right to be established by making use of the ping command? (Choose two.)the number of routers between the source and destination devicethe IP attend to of the router nearest the destination devicethe mean time that takes a packet to reach the destination and also for the response to go back to the source *the destination maker is reachable with the network*the mean time that takes each router in the route between resource and location to respond
Explain:A ping command provides feedback on the time between when an echo inquiry was sent to a far host and when the echo reply was received. This have the right to be a measure of network performance. A effective ping also indicates that the location host was reachable through the network.
17. What is the function of ICMP messages?to notify routers around network topology changesto certain the shipment of an IP packetto carry out feedback that IP packet transmissions*to monitor the process of a domain surname to IP resolve resolution
Explain:The purpose of ICMP messages is to administer feedback about issues that are regarded the processing of IP packets.
18. What is indicated by a effective ping come the ::1 IPv6 address?The organize is cabled properly.The default gateway resolve is effectively configured.All hosts on the local connect are available.The link-local address is appropriately configured.IP is properly mounted on the host.*
Explain:The IPv6 attend to ::1 is the loopback address. A successful ping come this address way that the TCP/IP ridge is appropriately installed. The does not median that any type of addresses are properly configured.
19. A user is executing a tracert to a far device. At what allude would a router, i m sorry is in the path to the destination device, stop forwarding the packet?when the router receive an ICMP Time exceeded messagewhen the RTT worth reaches zerowhen the hold responds with an ICMP Echo reply messagewhen the value in the TTL ar reaches zero*when the worths of both the Echo Request and Echo answer messages reach zero
Explain:When a router obtain a traceroute packet, the worth in the TTL field is decremented by 1. Once the worth in the field reaches zero, the receiving router will not front the packet, and will send one ICMP Time surpassed message earlier to the source.
20. What is the binary equivalent of the decimal number 232?11101000*110001101001100011110010
21. What is the decimal indistinguishable of the binary number 10010101?149157168192
22. What ar content is provided by ICMPv6 to recognize that a packet has actually expired?TTL fieldCRC fieldHop border field*Time gone beyond field
Explain:ICMPv6 sends a Time Exceeded post if the router can not forward one IPv6 packet since the packet expired. The router offers a hop limit ar to identify if the packet has actually expired, and also does not have a TTL field.
23. To fill in the blank.The decimal tantamount of the binary number 10010101 is 149
Explain:To transform a binary number to the decimal equivalent, add the value of the place where any binary 1 is present.
24. Fill in the blank.The binary equivalent of the decimal number 232 is 11101000
Explain:To convert a decimal number to binary, an initial determine if the decimal number is same to or better than 128. In this case, since 232 is larger than 128, a 1 is inserted in the little bit position for decimal value 128 and the worth of 128 is climate subtracted from 232. This outcomes in the worth of 104. We then to compare this value to 64. As 104 is bigger than 64, a 1 is put in the little bit position because that the decimal value 64 and also the worth of 64 is subtracted native 104. The remaining value is then 40. The process should be ongoing for all the remaining bit positions.
25. Fill in the blank.What is the decimal indistinguishable of the hex number 0x3F? 63
Explain:To convert from hexadecimal to decimal, multiply every digit through the place value the is linked with the place of the number and include the results.
26. Complement each description with an proper IP address. (Not all options are used.)QuestionAnswer
169.254.1.5 -> a link-local address192.0.2.123 -> a TEST-NET address240.2.6.255 -> an experimental address172.19.20.5 -> a private address127.0.0.1 -> a loopback address
Explain:Link-Local addresses are assigned instantly by the OS environment and also are situated in the block 169.254.0.0/16. The exclusive addresses ranges are 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, and also 192.168.0.0/16. TEST-NET addresses belong come the range 192.0.2.0/24. The addresses in the block 240.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.254 are booked as experimental addresses. Loopback addresses belong to the block 127.0.0.0/8.
27. What is a socket?the mix of the resource and destination IP attend to and source and location Ethernet addressthe combination of a resource IP address and port number or a location IP resolve and port number*the mix of the source and location sequence and also acknowledgment numbersthe combination of the resource and destination sequence numbers and also port numbers
28. A host an equipment needs come send a big video document across the network while providing data communication to various other users. Which function will allow different communication streams to occur at the same time, without having a solitary data stream making use of all available bandwidth?window sizemultiplexing*port numbersacknowledgments
29. A host maker sends a data packet to a web server via the HTTP protocol. What is used by the transport layer to happen the data stream come the appropriate application on the server?sequence numberacknowledgmentsource harbor numberdestination harbor number*
30. What is a advantageous feature the the UDP transport protocol?acknowledgment of received datafewer delays in transmission*tracking of data segments making use of sequence numbersthe capability to retransmit lost data
31. Which scenario describes a function noted by the move layer?A student is utilizing a class VoIP call to speak to home. The distinct identifier melted into the phone call is a transfer layer address used to contact an additional network maker on the exact same network.A student is play a short web-based movie v sound. The movie and also sound space encoded in ~ the deliver layer header.A student has actually two web browser windows open in stimulate to accessibility two internet sites. The move layer ensures the correct net page is delivered to the correct web browser window.*A that company worker is accessing a web server located on a that company network. The move layer formats the display so the web page appears properly no issue what device is being offered to see the internet site.
32. What is the complete variety of TCP and UDP popular ports?0 come 2550 to 1023*256 – 10231024 – 49151
33. What go a customer application select for a TCP or UDP resource port number?a random worth in the well-known port rangea random worth in the selection of the registered ports*a predefined value in the well-known port rangea predefined value in the selection of the registered ports
34. Compared to UDP, what variable causes added network overhead for TCP communication?network traffic that is brought about by retransmissions*the identification of applications based upon destination harbor numbersthe encapsulation right into IP packetsthe checksum error detection
35. Which transfer layer feature is offered to insurance session establishment?UDP ACK flagTCP 3-way handshake*UDP sequence numberTCP port number
36. Which 2 flags in the TCP header are supplied in a TCP three-way handshake to develop connectivity between two network devices? (Choose two.)ACK*FINPSHRSTSYN*URG
37. Which element determines TCP home window size?the amount of data to be transmittedthe number of services had in the TCP segmentthe amount of data the location can process at one time*the lot of data the source is qualified of sending out at one time
38. Throughout a TCP session, a destination machine sends one acknowledgment number come the resource device. What go the acknowledgment number represent?the total number of bytes that have been receivedone number much more than the succession numberthe next byte the the destination expects to receive*the last sequence number that was sent by the source
39. A pc is downloading a large file from a server. The TCP home window is 1000 bytes. The server is sending the document using 100-byte segments. How countless segments will certainly the server send prior to it calls for an acknowledgment from the PC?1 segment10 segments*100 segments1000 segments
40. Which 2 TCP header areas are offered to check receipt that data?FIN flagSYN flagchecksumsequence number *acknowledgment number*
41. What happens if the an initial packet that a TFTP carry is lost?The client will wait indefinitely for the reply.The TFTP application will retry the request if a answer is no received.*The next-hop router or the default gateway will administer a reply v an error code.The carry layer will retry the query if a answer is no received.
42. What walk a customer do as soon as it has actually UDP datagrams to send?It just sends the datagrams.*It queries the server to watch if that is ready to get data.It sends out a streamlined three-way handshake come the server.It sends out to the server a segment v the SYN flag collection to synchronize the conversation.
43. A technician wishes to usage TFTP to carry a large record from a record server to a remote router. Which statement is correct around this scenario?The file is segmented and then reassembled in the correct order through TCP.The paper is segmented and then reassembled in the correct order in ~ the destination, if necessary, by the upper-layer protocol.The paper is not segmented, due to the fact that UDP is the move layer protocol that is provided by TFTP.Large papers must be sent by FTP no TFTP.
44. Fill in the blank.During a TCP session, the SYN flag is used by the customer to request communication with the server.
45. To fill in the empty using a number.A complete of 4 messages space exchanged during the TCP conference termination procedure between the customer and the server.
See more: Amal Clooney Angelina Jolie, Are Angelina Jolie And Amal Clooney Feuding
46. Describe the exhibit. Think about a datagram the originates ~ above the PC and that is destined because that the internet server. Enhance the IP addresses and also port number that space in the datagram to the description. (Not all choices are used.)
47. Complement the characteristic come the protocol category. (Not all choices are used.)
48. Complement each application to the connectionless or connection-oriented protocol.